Friday, January 21, 2011

Hey There Blog World

Hello NARAL supporters! I’m excited to begin blogging and sharing my thoughts with you especially in this new legislative session. Rather than going on about any particular topic, I’ll share with you a bit about myself and my interests in the pro-choice movement. My name is Victoria and I am a Junior at UW-Madison studying Community and Nonprofit Leadership as well as Gender and Women’s Studies. I have been volunteering with pro-choice organizations for over a year now and have definitely found my passion in doing so. Upon graduation I hope to secure a position in a nonprofit working towards reproductive justice, but we’ll see what opportunities arise!

I am known among my friends as being up front and honest about my feelings and perspectives, and I’m also known as the pro-choice advocate. Whether they look upon that favorably or not, I think they respect me for it, and I hope that my posts will at the very least, get you to think and respect my perspective. I welcome your comments and hope that we can all learn something in the process.

Finally, I am pro-choice for the families who are struggling to get by, the children who are craving attention but can’t seem to find it, the teens whom are still children trying to dealing with very adult situationst, and for the women who deserve their right to choose….but more elaboration on those thoughts will come at a later date. J

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the crazy world of blogs! I was very happy to find you and hope this takes off well for you.
    I would like to put up a link on my blog and normally do that with a graphic used at the actual link. So, tell me what you would like me to use and I'll get that up asap.
    Again, very glad to see this blog because we really need some more progressive Wisconsin blogs dedicated to women's issues (which are really family issues).

    ReplyDelete

NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin is a pro-choice organization. We realize that some of our readers and commenters may not support our mission. We welcome comments representing diverse points of view that are evidence-based and reasonably engage the debate. We reserve the right to delete, without further explanation, comments that misrepresent evidence or promote misinformation, that threaten or demean others, or undermine the civility of discussion. We reserve the right to ban users who abuse commenting privileges.